Privacy & Security
Employee Benefit Specialist, Inc. (EBS), a private practice operating in the state of Pennsylvania, uses the following set of privacy principles in the operations of its business:
- EBS provides this notice to you, our customer, so that you will know what we will do with the personal information, personal financial and health information (collectively referred to as "protected information") that we may receive from you directly, your healthcare provider, or another source that you have authorized to send us your protected information. We at EBS are concerned about your privacy and assure you that we will do what is required of us to safeguard your protected information.
- EBS collects information from you required for our business and pursuant to regulatory requirements. Without it, we cannot provide our products and services for you. We will be collecting protected information about you from: applications or other forms, such as name, address, social security number, assets and income, employment status and dependent information; your transactions with us or your transactions with others, such as account activity, payment history, and products and services purchased; information from other individuals, businesses and agencies, such as medical and demographic information.
Website Log Files and IP Addresses
- An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet. All computer identification on the internet is conducted with IP addresses, which allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. Ebs4health.com collects IP addresses in order to conduct system administration, such as total traffic to the site, and conduct site analysis.
- If a visitor requests (clicks on links to) pages within Ebs4health.com, our servers enter the visitor's IP address into a log. To maintain visitor anonymity, EBS does not associate IP addresses with records containing personal information. However, we do use IP addresses to identify any visitors who refuse to comply with our terms of service, and to identify visitors who threaten our service, site, customers or others.
What will we do with your protected information?
- The information EBS gathers is shared within our company to help us maximize the services we can provide to our customers. We will only disclose your protected information as is necessary for us to provide the insurance products and services you expect from us. EBS does not sell your protected information to third parties, nor does it sell or share customer lists.
External (Destination) Links
- In order to provide visitors with greater value, EBS may provide links to various third party Web sites. However, even if a third-party affiliation exists between this site and that destination site, EBS exercises no authority over linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures.
- EBS assumes no responsibility or liability for these sites' independent methods or actions and is not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites. Similarly, we cannot take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such Web sites. These destination links are provided only for your convenience; access them at your own risk.
- Employee Benefit Specialist (EBS) takes every precaution to protect visitor information. One of these precautions is the use of encryption software for electronic messages that are transmitted from Ebs4Health.com
- Data and information is transmitted over a secure channel, then "unencrypted" in a secure database. Staff are then alerted that messages are waiting in this secure database, then retrieve them using an encrypted channel as well.
- This security measure greatly minimizes the chance that messages will be intercepted by third parties not affiliated with our practice. 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is used, the highest available, to maintain the confidentiality of all information sent.
- EBS employs an additional layer of protection known as firewall to protect our computer systems and your information.
- EBS' web-based services are designed to work with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 and higher. We strongly suggests having the most recent version of Internet Explorer installed to ensure 128-bit data encryption capability.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE.
The materials on this website (the "Site") are provided by Employee Benefit Specialist ("EBS") as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. By downloading any information from this site, you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to them, do not use the site or download any information from it.
DISCLAIMER: THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL EBS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF EBS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. EBS FURTHER DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS CONTAINED WITHIN THESE MATERIALS. EBS MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE MATERIALS, OR TO THE PRODUCTS DESCRIBED THEREIN, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. EBS MAKES NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE THE MATERIALS.
APPLICABLE LAWS: This site is controlled by EBS from offices within the United States of America. EBS makes no representation that Materials in this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal or prohibited.
GENERAL: EBS may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this site.
Contacting Us About Privacy/Security Issues
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the privacy practices of this Web site or our business, or your interaction with this Web site, contact Rob Micheletti, President at 610-647-3750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.